Wednesday 20 March 2024

MS Fatigue



MS and Fatigue:
Yes, it's very real - and debilitating.

Sometimes, my MS makes me feel extremely fatigued... the sort of mental and physical tiredness/weariness/exhaustion that doesn't necessarily go away after a good sleep. Not always sleeping well doesn't help me in that regard, either.


It's awful, as this dysfunction prevents me from participating in life, and I miss out on a lot of people/things I enjoy in my life.

Sometimes, I feel like I have the attention span of a sock... then there are the accompanying headaches that accompany it sometimes too...

I despise becoming 'unreliable', but there's nothing I can do about it.
  • lethargy
  • weakness
  • exhaustion
  • weariness
  • dullness
  • exhaustion
  • feebleness
  • heaviness
  • listlessness
  • over-tiredness
  • beat
  • bushed
  • spent
  • wasted




► Some videos trying to explain MS and Fatigue



What MS Fatigue Feels Like
(Source)


► Also cf. these videos too:
(A) - (B) - (C)









➽ Sometimes, it comes with a headache as well...


► What to show your doctor (Source)









► Check out another way of looking at it with




► Article: MS Fatigue

► ArticleFatigue (MS Trust)

► ArticleChronic Fatigue - How to Handle the Overwhelming Tiredness of MS

► ArticleHow to Manage MS Fatigue

► Article: My Fatigue is Different

► Article: The Concept of Fatigue in MS

► Article: Describing Fatigue to Others

► Article"How to Talk About MS Fatigue with Others"

► Article: What I Really Mean When I Say 'I'm Tired'

► Article: "Chronically Tired is Brutal and Unforgiving"

► Blog: "MS Fatigue - Logic can fly out the window"

Video: "How Can I Manage MS Fatigue?"

► Article: "Web-based wellness program improves life quality, lowers fatigue"

Article:  17 Things People With Chronic Illness Mean When They Say 'I'm Tired' (The Mighty)

►  Blogpost: "10 quotes for the can’t make it out of bed days" (Dinosaurs, Donkeys and MS)













 ➽ Bookmark this page: Fatigue in MS
Also: Fatigue

Peas be with ewe 
Mal

2 comments:

  1. Sounds terrible. Other friends with MS have said similar. It sounds rather like the fatigue, listlessness, lack of inclination and bone-tiredness of Hashimoto's thyroiditis when your dose of thyroxine is insufficient. Of course Hashimoto'susually doesn'tprogress to worse as these days doctors are alert and medication is cheap and easily available. For MS things seem to just keep getting worse at an unpredictable rate and your body doesn't want to play by the rules any more. Not good. I know you'll never "give in" to your MS, and remember there are many friends willing you to keep playing your beloved music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kay. I honestly appreiate that. Yes yes, "Some days are better than others".

    ReplyDelete